This is a homemade treatment to grow back thinning or slow-growing hair. I lived with thin hair most of my life and thought that was just a bad draw from the genetic lottery, but I was wrong. I did manage to get thick, healthy hair, with dietary changes and this treatment, so I’m sharing it with you all here.
After doing this treatment it is important that you change your diet to be healthier or take a ‘hair skin and nails’ supplement. If your body doesn’t have the resources to make healthy hair, then it will just grow back brittle. Make sure you eat sufficient protein as well, insufficient protein will also cause issues for hair.
In addition, try to limit the number of chemicals you’re applying to your head. Many hair products contain toxic chemicals like formaldehyde, phythylates and parabens. Look for shampoos that contain as few chemicals as possible, and use less product on your hair.
This treatment is natural and should not cause any irritation. The Rosemary essential oil also gives the oils a pleasant smell.
- Castor Oil or sweet almond oil 1/4 cup
- Rosemary Essential Oil 5 drops
- Jojoba Oil 2 TbspSimply combine ingredients to make oil treatment.
- Firstly, it is preferable to shave your head before doing this treatment. I know, I know, you’re thinking ‘my hair is thinning why would I shave it all off?’ well, this has several functions, the main one being it will allow you to exfoliate your scalp so the oil treatment can reach your skin and be absorbed. Secondly, it will remove damaged hairs which can prevent hair growth through splitting and snapping. Your hair will grow back thicker and healthier, trust me. If you need an excuse, you can shave your hair for world’s greatest shave which raises money for the Leukaemia Foundation.
- Scrub and exfoliate your scalp. Use a steamy shower to help soften your skin and then scrub your scalp with a washcloth or body glove and shampoo.
- Dry your hair/head and apply oil treatment, massage all over scalp.
- Use a towel turban to prevent oil transferring to furniture etc.
- Leave oil in as long as possible, at least a few hours, you can wash it out before sleep. If your scalp is very dry you may find it simply absorbs all of the oil and you should not wash the oil out in this case (it will dry your skin out more).
- Apply treatment daily, there’s no need to repeat exfoliation steps unless scalp becomes flaky.